9/27/2005

Where we're living

The apartment is up 3 flights of stairs. But, it's worth the trip. Nice view of Mt. Wellington. There's a bedroom, and a guest room. The 'lounge' is a nice size. We have a couch and a dining room table in there so far. The kitchen is small, but adequate. I'll try to get some more photos. But, here's what I have so far.



A little patio. I've got some lettuce and basil seeds in planters, but I'm not sure we'll get enough sun.



Washing machine included. But, many people do without dryers here. So, we're 'pegging up' our laundry on the roof.













Admit it, you were curious about the plumbing, weren't you??? Well, there's 2 flush buttons: one for a little bit of a flush and one for a hardy burst of water. I watched very closely the first time to see which direction the water spun in, but alas! It just goes straight down. :-( Liz reports that it does spin counter-clockwise down the sink drain. Or, did she say clockwise? I'll have to ask her again. Anyway, around here they say 'anti-clockwise'.


No comments: