9/01/2005

I solemnly declare that I do not know of any lawful impediment



Introduction

Marriage is a supreme sharing of experience, and an adventure in the most intimate of human relationships.  It is the joyous union of two people whose friendship and mutual understanding have flowered in love. Today Terri and Liz proclaim their love and commitment to each other, and we gather here to rejoice, with and for them, in celebration of the life they have lived together for the past 25 years. 

So what do we mean by love?  When we love, we see things other people do not see.  We see beneath the surface, to the qualities that make our partner special and unique. To see with loving eyes is to know inner beauty. And to be loved is to be seen, and known, as we are known to no other. 

Marriage is to belong to each other through a unique and diverse
collaboration, like two threads crossing in different directions, yet
weaving a tapestry. 

To make this relationship work, therefore, takes more than love. It takes
trust, to know in your hearts that you want only the best for each other. 
It takes dedication, to stay open to one another, to learn and grow, even
when it is difficult to do so. And it takes faith, to go forward together
without knowing what the future holds. 

Terri, please repeat after me:
I solemnly declare that I do not know of any lawful impediment why I,
Terri Lukacko may not be joined in matrimony to Liz Foster.

Liz, please repeat after me:
I solemnly declare that I do not know of any lawful impediment why I, Liz Foster may not be joined in matrimony to Terri Lukacko.

The Vows:

Liz and Terri will now exchange their vows.    Please join your right hands.   

Liz, please repeat after me: I call on those present to witness that I, Liz take Terri to be my lawful wedded wife, my partner in life and my one true love, to have and to hold, from this day forward, in whatever circumstance or experience life may hold for us.

Terri please repeat after me: I call on those present to witness that I, Terri take Liz to be my lawful wedded wife, my partner in life and my one true love, to have and to hold, from this day forward, in whatever circumstance or experience life may hold for us.

Declaration

And now, for as much as you have consented to marry before these witnesses and in my presence; and upon the authority vested in me by the province of British Columbia, I pronounce you lifelong partners in marriage. 

You may exchange a kiss.

Signing of the Register







3 comments:

Philip McEldowney said...

Congratulations!
--Philip Mc

Michael Crowell said...

How lovely! As we say in Mussoorie UP India: Shabash!

Unknown said...

Beautiful and congratulations.