Liz participated in the world music chorus at the Festival of Voices, a huge gathering of choruses from around Australia. The link will give you an idea of how extensive the program was. It also has a good picture of the huge bonfire that we saw on the closing night.
Speaking of Liz, she's begun to put some pictures and movies online. So, get ready to set another bookmark. The username and password are the same as my sites. Just ask me if you need a reminder.
Tech tip: it is possible to edit the name of your bookmark (aka favorites on some browsers). I edit mine with hints about passwords to help me remember. Shhh. Don't tell anyone. It's a secret. :-)
I'll add her link to my list over on the right margin here.
Otherwise, we've resumed our usual routines back here. We babysit once a week or so. Yay. (Some good movies and photos are up on our sites. Oh, just remembered... you'll need a Quicktime viewer for the movies and music files. It's free. Check PC or Mac, depending on what you're using.)
OK, back to what we're doing.
Mount Wellington is endlessly fascinating. Each morning, there's a different pattern of snow on it. And, the winter light casts different shadows on the rocks.
I don't spend all the chilly day staring out the window, though.
I've kept up with my muso buddies. The usual Saturdays jamming at the pub, and occasional busking when the weather's warm enough. The HOT Stringband has had a monthly gig at the Lark Distillery. And, a few house gatherings where there's lots of jamming going on. I'm learning and enjoying more traditional Australian and Tassie tunes.
There is a little slower pace in the winter, though. I've kept the kitchen warm with a flurry of cooking and baking, experimenting with various ANZAC cookie and bread recipes. It's a good time for soup. Had a brainstorm to boil up some beef bones and make a soup with leftover mac and cheese. Since that has a mushroom soup base, the soup ends up like a nicely flavored beef/mushroom soup with noodles.
And, for those of you who doubted that I can crochet, I've made a hat and scarf. Stay tuned for pictures.
Oh, and we've decided to bag any other trips for now. We're going to take that money and spend it on heating rather than going to Fiji. It seems better to relax here than putting the energy into more globe trotting at this point.
7/18/2006
Meanwhile, back in Hobart, TAS
Posted by Ter at 11:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment