We're treking all over Vancouver, but before I get to those photos, let's see a few more shots from the train.
Ontario went on and on. There were lakes and trees and trees and lakes. It was spectacular and so much bigger than I had expected. The whole first day through the night and into the next afternoon was spent going across Ontario.
Our berth seats were in a car that had 2 other berth seats. In one was a sister and brother from Wales, Pam and Ernie. They were great fun, especially when it was time for champaigne in the afternoons. In the other berth was a spooky pair who had a hard time making eye contact or conversation with us. But, they were in the minority, for sure. For the most part, we had some very friendly dining table mates. It was interesting meeting folks from all over. But, to be honest, by day 3, I was a little tired of making nice with strangers.
I asked Ernie if I could take his picture. He said "No, I haven't got me hair on." But, he was just kidding. Well, he didn't have his hair on. He was kidding that I couldn't take his picture.

After Winnipeg, Manitoba, we hit the prairies. It was interesting to see the large scale farming. But, it was probably a good thing that night fell and we passed through the prairies in the dark.
8/26/2005
Some views from the cross Canada train
Posted by Ter at 1:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment