
Well, I've learned a bit about voltage and current, adapters and transformers. Still have more to learn before I can sound informed, though. I might have fried one router. Or, it was busted by customs breaking into it to look for who knows what. This was the router that was supposed to make our Albany phone number work in Hobart. So, I asked the voice over IP company, Vonage, to suggest an alternative router that would work in Australia. They sent me a canned response suggesting the very same router that customs had trashed, with a power supply that would not work in Australia. To be continued. I replied that it would be nice if they did more research. We'll see what they actually know about international connections. I'd still like to have a way for state-side folks to call us without having to call internationally.
If you are planning to visit. Leave your electronics home, or do enough homework to understand what modifications might be needed. I thought I could just plug things into an adapter, but that's not always the case.
Here's a link with some introductory advice.
10/12/2005
Which adapter should I use?
Posted by Ter at 2:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment